Our Charity for this event is St Josephs Centre for the visually imparied

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/brothersinarms2010

Friday, July 30, 2010

39 Days to go

Only 39 days to go now and counting. At this stage its just a matter of keeping up the regular sessions and continue our Weekend simulation training. I am running an average of 3 nights durinng the week covering 40km and swimmning three mornings a week covering 4.5km. I have lost 1 stone since March and just need another 1/2 stone to lose before September 6th. Big decisions need to be made regarding equipment. Footwear, I'm still undecided, waiting on the KSO treks to be delivered from the U.S before I make up my mind. I think Pearse will opt for a super lightweight runner. I swam this morning with Fins and I think that the time it takes to take them on and off will be made up by not using them at all and also it will cut out in carrying them for the runs too. Now its down to the Bag chioce. The Camelbak Hydration Packs range is massive so I think I will go for a 1.5l pack with a lttle space for gels, gps tracker, bars, compass, maps etc... Underneeth my wetsuit I will wear a one piece Tri Suit. Mirrored Goggles, Blue Seventy Skull Cap and a smile on my face. If anyboy has a checklist drawn up it would be much appreciated to share it.

1 comment:

  1. Shitloads of vaseline!
    A watch for keeping track of time.
    One extra pair of swim glasses. Each.

    ReplyDelete