Our Charity for this event is St Josephs Centre for the visually imparied

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/brothersinarms2010

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday morning

Kris Kristoffersson wrote a song once about Sunday morning ..

Well I woke up Sunday morning with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad so I had one more for dessert
Then I fumbled through my closet for my clothes and found my cleanest dirty shirt
An' I shaved my face and combed my hair an' stumbled out the door to meet the day

He kinda summed it up as to how I was feeling this morning, the long Sunday morning runs had to begin today and so I went to Reggies house and we starred at the rain falling outside for a second and without either of us saying anything to each other, pulled the door closed of the house and began our run. We ran to Fairyhouse Racecourse which was about 4.5km away and then did three laps, of the course, each lap is about 2.5km. The first two laps were run anticlockwise against a healthy breeze and a soft rain on the face. For the final lap we ran clockwise and picked up the pace and the chat stopped between us. I decided we should run this lap bare foot and it was so refreshing. I think I will increase my barefoot runs each week. We put our runners back on and ran back to the house, hot shower and a drink and then home for lunch. A good first longer run of about 18km. Job done.

Next weekend the target is 25km. I need to get a good route for this as I don;t like to be running around the same lap 20 times!!! Aarrrgghh .

A few swims this week and I'll be starting to do more stretching in the evenings. A good day today.

I had good fun at home this evening with Charlie (11 months), Mae (3 years) and my wife Eileen, painting and playing.


Pearse

No comments:

Post a Comment